Monday, May 9, 2011

Roast Chicken and Bread Salad





I have ordered this meal before and it was so good that I proclaimed it to be the best chicken I have ever eaten. It could have been all the oysters that my dad and I shared that evening, but it still has a high place in the ranks. If you ever find yourself in the Zuni Cafe and aren't sure what to order, repeat after me:

Chicken for two roasted in the brick oven; warm bread salad with red mustard greens, scallions,
currants, and pine nuts 48.00 (approximately 1 hour)

And be prepared to drop 50$.

After browsing the delicacies of one of our favorite blogs, Dispatches From Whitcomb Street, we discovered an adaptation to the dish. We made our own adaptations and served this for a very satisfying Sunday dinner:


Oh, and we followed it with some drop biscuits, strawberries and cream. Notice the cognac which pairs wonderfully with this dessert. It brings a new meaning to caramel. Unfortunately we discovered this the night before and are in need of a new bottle of Hennessy.



We are now ready to take on the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment